[Shotimes] 3.2 Swap Almost done - Starting Problems - Need Help

George Fourchy krazgeo@comcast.net
Sun, 02 Apr 2006 09:56:20 -0800

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 20:27:07 -0800 (PST), Jason Kennedy wrote:

>So, if anybody has any helpful hints on why the PCM
>wouldn't be getting power or anything else to check,
>that would be most helpful.

(Sigh.....)

I've written and written about this.......

If you get a dim CE light and no power to the IRCM/fuel pump arena, you are not
getting battery power to the PCM.  You obviously have those symptoms.  There is a
connector about 6 inches down from the single black wire that comes off the positive
battery cable connector to the battery.  This is the power wire for the PCM.  If you
have just done an engine swap, you probably inadvertently disconnected that
connector.  It is black, and buried down by the A/C pressure switch, an area that is
hard to see due to no light.  Chances are you pulled that connector loose while
fooling with the positive cable.  I've done that when swapping major engine parts.

Also, make sure the wire to the positive cable end is secure, and make sure the
ground wire FROM the PCM, which goes to the right front fender just below the fender
bolts, and outboard from the power steering reservoir, is not corroded or loose.  It
may have a connector, too...if so, make sure it is plugged in.

George