[Shotimes] Replacing Brake Hose / Touch Up Paint?

Dave Kegel d.kegel@comcast.net
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 09:39:07 -0500

Heat.  Heat is always your friend.  Do you have a MAPP gas torch?  Heat
up the connector and it will come loose.

Dave Kegel

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Chris Riedl
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 11:29 PM
To: SHOtimes
Subject: [Shotimes] Replacing Brake Hose / Touch Up Paint?

	Thanks to Jim's suggestion, I got the endlink properly
installed,
however the real problem is the rear brake hose that I went to
replace.  I understand how everything is supposed to work, except for
where it attaches to the brake line.  The junction is incredibly
rusty, so I soaked it a few times in PB Blaster.  What is the easiest
way to get this apart, and should I have gotten a second clip for the
line side?  I know that the line must be bad, since it isn't fully
releasing the caliper, and when I wiggle it around a bit, the caliper
releases the rest of the way!