[Shotimes] OT - What kind of car are you?

George Fourchy krazgeo@comcast.net
Sat, 08 Apr 2006 21:03:12 -0700

--Original Message Text---
From: Christina
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 19:43:44 -0700

>SORRY--this time you got it wrong--see my earlier post--

I didn't know we were competing, but since we are....

Sorry, try again.  You have your songs confused.  I also have Hot Rod Lincoln on
that same CD.

This excerpt is from the first page of Google Search, when I entered "Little Nash
Rambler".

Playmates - Beep Beep (The Little Nash Rambler).mp3
2:47, 128kbps, 2.5MB Doc NStgs Shared MP 3 mp 3
All...\Playmates - Beep Beep (The Little Nash Rambler).mp3 - Open folder - Feb 27

The lyrics of this song follow.....the first two thirds....

While riding in my Cadillac, what to my surprise,
A little Nash Rambler was following me, about one-third my size.
The guy must have wanted to pass me up
As he kept on tooting his horn (beep beep).
I'll show him that a Cadillac is not a car to scorn.

chorus:  Beep Beep, Beep Beep.....his horn went beep beep beep.

I pushed my foot down to the floor to give the guy the shake,
But the little Nash Rambler stayed right behind, he still had
on his brake.
He must have thought his car had more guts,
As he kept on tooting his horn (beep beep).
I'll show him that a Cadillac is not a car to scorn.

chorus:  same....

My car went in to passing gear and we took off with gust,
And soon we were doing ninety, must have left him in the dust.
When I peeked in the mirror of my car, I couldn't believe my eyes.
The little Nash Rambler was right behind, you'd think that
guy could fly.

etc....

Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen-  The first part of the lyrics of Hot Rod
Lincoln go like this....

"My pappy said, "Son, you're gonna' drive me to drinkin'
If you don't stop drivin' that Hot Rod Lincoln"

Have you heard this story of the Hot Rod Race
When Fords and Lincolns was settin' the pace?
That story is true, I'm here to say
I was drivin' that Model A

It's got a Lincoln motor and it's really souped up
That Model A Vitimix makes it look like a pup
It's got eight cylinders, uses them all
It's got overdrive, just won't stall

With a four-barrel carb and a dual exhaust
And four-eleven gears you can really get lost
It's got safety tubes, but I ain't scared
The brakes are good, tires fair

Pulled out of San Pedro late one night
The moon and the stars was shinin' bright

etc......

I win.  As a prize, I want your green '94 ATX (I know you don't have it...so go get
it!).  I'll give you $100 for it.

;-)

(Thank goodness for Google!!)

George