[Shotimes] Throttle body gasket

Mark Mucher mmucher@bellsouth.net
Sun, 9 Apr 2006 12:14:52 -0400

Thanks again, Paul

OK - the throttle body is off (filthy as expected, but not more than
expected...) and there is no restriction in the PCV ports that I could find.

The big one is wide open, but the hose that goes from it to under the intake
is now my area of concern.

I tried to get my lips around it - SHUT UP! <G> - and it seems OK, but I
couldn't get a good lock, plus it disappears into the bowels under the fuel
rail.

Where does it go?  What are the possible areas of restriction?  I tried to
RTFM, but I can't find anything - perhaps it's in the emissions FM?

Maybe I should just vent the hose from the front cam cover to the open
(ducking flak from tree huggers) for a while to see if that helps.  But it
just goes into the intake behind the throttle body and ports into the TB
where, again, I could find little or no restriction.  I CAN blow from the
cam cover end of that hose thru the TB, but not without a little
restriction.

Finally, there is a small hose near the IAB the goes to a solenoid and then
to the canister (I think).  That is blocked (with the motor and ignition
off), but that's probably normal.

This is my only (running) vehicle, so I'll have to put it back together
soon.

Should I be looking for other causes to the seepage/leakage problems that
seem to be PCV related?

All help greatly appreciated!

mm in sunny FL

  _____