[Shotimes] Any "24" fans?

Mark Nunnally Mark Nunnally <marknunnally@joimail.com>
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 09:30:28 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Oh that's been done (copies sold on ebay, etc).

And that's not the same as what i was asking for earlier (I can't still believe we are having this discussion).  Those laws exist for one purpose, to allow the author(s) to protect their financial interest in their own property.  As broadcast on Fox, those financial "dues" are paid through advertisers.  There is no financial loss to Fox, or Realtime productions (produces 24) by me watching that broadcast of it 50+ hrs after it aired.  If it was soley distributed on DVD, and I didn't buy the DVD, and had somebody make me a copy, then I am skirting the "entry fee" and thus the intent of the law is broken.  (We actually own Season 1, purchased at retail).  I rent movies from blockbuster (pay my fee), buy all my own software (yes I paid for Adobe's and Apple's creative suite, as well as every other piece of software I use) and buy retail DVD's and CD's.

>Okay, how would you feel if the day after you made the clutch, 60K, and
>convention videos, they were posted for download?

George and I aren't posting this for download or for distribution, and if I was able to air any production I did on Fox and have advertisers pay $250k/per 30 sec spot, then I wouldn't care if somebody recorded it, and passed it to a friend to watch later.  It's outlet was a public broadcast (Fox can be picked up on a TV with rabbit ears, no fee's or subsriptions).  If I made a movie, and the finanancial income from that was through box office sales, or retail DVD sales, then passing copies out of that skirts the $$ issue, and the intent of the law is broken.