[Shotimes] painted side mirrors

Jason Hartberger jhartberger@mail.com
Sat, 15 Apr 2006 22:50:44 -0400

Howdy all, we decided to paint the side mirrors today... my wife wanted
hers royal blue to match her car and I wanted mine repainted black...
boy is that a chore! we were changing both our front speakers and we
figured, while the door panels are off... anyway, it took all day, from
11 in the morning to 9 at night. I would highly recommend doing this for
anybody thinking about it. You have to take the door panel off and those
three bolts that hold the mirror on like to fall in the door so you have
to be careful of that but the effect is well worth it. My car looks
immeasurably better. Maybe I'll write a write-up about it someday if
somebody wants it.

Anyhoo, I have a question. why does my wife's premium system have so
much more bass than my JBL system does? I have Pioneer 6x9s in the rear
plus an MTX 8" sub in a bored out JBL enclosure plus 6.5" Pioneers in
the front, and my wife has pioneer 6x8s in the back and the same
speakers in front. She doesn't have a subwoofer. (yet, she says) Her
speakers, however, blow the doors (almost literally) off of my system.
What gives? I read somewhere that the JBL amp has a low freq filter on
it to cut the bass to the corner speakers and have it go exclusively to
the sub. My sub is not *@#)%@# loud enough. I guess I'd have to get a
new amp to rectify this situation? I know the speakers I have are more
than capable of putting out bass. Especially those 6x9s that I worked
for like 8 hours to get into the car (lots of dremel-lovin').

Carbs are fun. I'm glad the SHO got fuel injection. (just got a 1985
Honda CB650 that sat for a year so the carbs got nice and GUMMY)

please ignore me, I've been huffing paint fumes all day :D.

Jason