[Shotimes] painted side mirrors

Techpriest techpriest@ourlair.com
Sun, 16 Apr 2006 07:28:34 -0500

It sounds like you need a seperate amp to drive your sub.  The 8" MTX sub
you have is probably designed to hit harder then anything the factory had in
mind and low ranges take more power to run then the high ranges.

Another thing to consider is the enclosure.  If it is not designed for the
sub, it might not work as well.  A decent stereo shop should be able to help
you out there.  They can take the interior dimensions of the enclosure, find
the square inches and see what the specs on the sub are.  Also ensure the
sub itself is sealed well in the enclosure.  If air is getting past the
speaker where it shouldn't, that will kill your sound.

What I have run in other vehicles, and what I plan for this car, is a four
channel to run the speakers, and an amp designed to run mono to power the
sub.  Right now though it's getting hot and my AC needs fixed, so they will
have to wait.