[Shotimes] RE: New Ford shooting brake with SHO intake?

Ron Porter ronporter@ameritech.net
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 15:53:09 -0400

?????

You are reading too much into things....they are probably better off without
Yates, whose monthly oral diarrhea has been dropping off my C&D column
reading for awhile.

Anyway.....haven't you ever read John Phillips stuff before? He has ALWAYS
written that way!! He has been my least-favorite C&D writer for awhile
(although Brock was coming up fast on that list).

The engine is the Miller Cycle that Mazda had out maybe 10 years ago (???) I
never saw the underhood of one of those, so can't say if it looked the same.

I take his comment about "more HP than torque" as a backhanded criticism of
an engine that has no torque....looking at the rated HP versus the
acceleration times proves this.

Anyway, the whole test is tongue-in-cheek, as it's obvious that he doesn't
care for the car much. Look at the names in Counterpoint...similar but
tweaked from their real names (and obviously not their comments!!)

Also read through the whole spec sheet...with the tornado and fuel magnets,
among other things).

This thing is probably an entire put-on of a test of a design mule or some
kind of future show car.

Actually, if it is a put-on, it is a return to the C&D of old!!