[Shotimes] Competition Limited headlight harness compatibility issue with DRL's

clubairth@bellsouth.net clubairth@bellsouth.net
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:39:17 -0500

Frank:
 I don't think you can run the DRL's and the headlight harness together. I
have never found anyone who has made the combo work but maybe someone else
can suggest something. I think if you unplug the DRL module everything
should work OK. The DRL module is on the drivers side up underneath in the
front of the front tire. Lay on your back and look in this area to find the
module. At least unplug it temporarily to see if that is the problem.

Here is the modified circuit so the lamp out module still works for
everything except the headlight:
http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/jensen/6/diag.htm

Here is a picture of the harness taped up and ready to install. You might
have different color wires but it was easy to see what needed to be done on
my 93 ATX.
http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/jensen/6/harness.htm
I have run this mod for over 5 years with no problems. You can get the
correct resistors from Radio Shack for a dollar or two.
.
Of course you need to know where your lamp out module is first!
.