[Shotimes] Re: New Ford shooting brake with SHO intake?

Dave Garber dave.garber@comcast.net
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 19:46:14 -0400

Nahh. I think the LX cars from Mopar (to me anyway) more mirror the SHO. The
Charger and the 300 are very high on my list of replacements for my SHO when
it's time. The G6 seems more like a Contour SVT replacement.

I'd have to drive the Impala/GXP before passing on it. I've found over the
years that I don't usually go too far modification-wise with my daily
drivers. So being FWD isn't an automatic drawback for me on a daily driver
(although, Nunally and some others have done very well racing their FWD
cars).

Overall, unless the GM gear is a good bit cheaper, or just WAY better (not
too likely), I couldn't see myself picking one of their offerings over the
Mopar stuff. But it wouldn't be because I would never own FWD again. It's
just that all things being equal, I'd prefer RWD or AWD.

Dave Garber