[Shotimes] Re: New Ford shooting brake with SHO intake?

Mark Nunnally Mark Nunnally <marknunnally@joimail.com>
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:32:22 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

There has been a statement/rumor going around the last few days, that at least 1 of the big 3 could be pulling out very soon.  If you look at the language (wanting to stick to production based racing, concentrate on lemans effort, etc) it hints at GM.  that "car of tomorrow" thing sorta drives a nail in the coffin like you say, not that it's been any different the last few years as it's basically been an IROC deal in terms of equipment in recent years with more and more rules.

F1 has turned out to be pretty competitive this year, much more than the last several years anyway.  I like the idea of the teams being able to have some lattitude to come up with cutting edge designs.  Yeah it costs $$ but does it really matter?  One article from the Army team that sponsors Joe Nemecheck in NASCAR basically said yeah we pay $15 million to sponsor the car, and it's still a deal based on the exposure and back end we get from it.  You got the impression that if it cost $50 million they would still do it.  So long as the sponsors are willing to foot the bill, does keeping costs down really matter?

I like the idea of running production based stuff.  The technology is so good now the performance would really be there, and at least they could get back to win on sun and sell it on mon.

mark