[Shotimes] Re: New Ford shooting brake with SHO intake?

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:01:02 -0500

Dave,

Like any major company (and the military runs that way most of the time)
they track results from advertising.  If they get more bodies in the
door to sign up, that is a "sale" for them.  The Army gets good results
from their drag racing sponsorship or they wouldn't be putting out the
money.

If they get the people to enlist, doesn't make any difference if the ad
is in a commercial on TV, or a race car in front of live people AND on TV.

For companies selling things or service, same applies, they track the
advertising and put it where their target market is.  NASCAR right now
is a pretty good deal.  There are other companies that make their living
counting exactly how many seconds a sponsors logo is on the TV during
races, and how many times it gets mentioned by the announcers.

Heck in my neck of the woods, Caterpillar Tractor is doing well with
NASCAR.  They sponsor both a Cup and Busch series car.  Too bad they
aren't winning, but even as a mid-pack car, they get a lot of TV time,
and I guess they figure some decission makers are watching.  I wouldn't
think a lot of people that buy quarter million dollar construction
equipment watch NASCAR, but I guess they do.

Don Mallinson