[Shotimes] Transfering Ford ESP?

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:21:56 -0500

When I sold my 2000 Exploder I transferred the ESP. It cost $50. There was a
form in the original paperwork. How did you find out it has an ESP?

According to www.ford-extended-warranty.com/CustomerService.aspx you just
call them and they will walk you through the transfer.

Paul L Fisher

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
SHOClub Member: http://www.shoclub.com
Amsoil dealer: http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of clubairth@bellsouth.net
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 8:01 AM
To: SHOtimes
Subject: [Shotimes] Transfering Ford ESP?

Found out the Lincoln LS I purchased has an extended warranty (ESP) to 72
months and 75K miles. The problem is that Ford says I need to transfer this
from the original owner to myself. Using a form they call "ESP Waiver Form".

 They car was purchased from a dealer but it is NOT a Ford dealer. Can
anybody share a story or suggest how to do this? I will call the salesman
and see what I can do but he really has no incentive to do this. So maybe a
long shot? I don't know a good way to contact the first owner. I have her
name so far?

Thanks for all the dealership or ESP experience!!!
.
.