[Shotimes] Re: New Ford shooting brake with SHO intake?

Bill Murray fordsho@cloud9grafx.com
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:58:03 -0600

The Avalon is a 4 door sedan, larger then the Camry.  The Solara is the "Camry coupe".  You are correct that neither the IS nor the GS has a Toyota sister.

Bill
Not a specific brand of car guy but soon to own an Acura along with my Ford.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Koll" <kasimonds@qwest.net>
Date: 04/25/06 02:09 PM
To: "shotimes" <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Re: New Ford shooting brake with SHO intake?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Heese" <shotimes@jonheese.com>
To: "shotimes" <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 5:34 AM

> Ummm... no.  Practically everyone shares platforms.
>
> Nissan & Infiniti:
> Murano ~= FX series
> Armada ~= QX series
> 350z ~= G coupe
> Maxima ~= M series
>
> Toyota & Lexus:
> Highlander ~= GX series
> Landcruiser ~= LX series
> Corolla ~= IS series
> Camry ~= ES series
> Avalon ~= GS series

Sorry, the IS & GS are independent.  They share nothing with the Corolla &
Avalon.  The Avalon is the coupe version of the Camry.  The Corolla is an
independent line.  The GS is a rear-wheel drive car that replaced the
Cressida line that ended in 1992.  The IS is a new platform.  Both the IS &
GS are rear wheel drive cars.  The Avalon & Corolla are front drivers.

I'm not a Nissan expert, but isn't the new M Series a rear wheel drive car?
I know the Maxima is a FWD car.

  K o l l
  Toyota guy