[Shotimes] replacing windshield

Hartberger, Jason M. AT2 (AW) hartbejm@cvn71.navy.mil
Sat, 29 Apr 2006 17:50:08 -0400

>From the safelite.com site: "Your vehicle may require the installation
of moldings and accessories at an additional cost of $57.86." I guess
this is where they get you, eh? Anybody have any idea what they're
talking about, and is there any way I can provide those materials for
cheaper than that?

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of krazgeo@comcast.net
Sent: Saturday, April 29, 2006 4:54 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net; SHOTimes
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] replacing windshield

From: "Paul L Fisher" <sho@paul-fisher.com>

> Anyhow, I have good experience with Safelite.

Me too.  They've done all my replacements.

Costs obviously vary, but I have zero deductible on all the glass on my
cars, within the comprehensive insurance coverage, which is $200
deductible.

That way, when the mirrors break off on the inside for the second time,
I get a new windshield free.  Black Diamond got its free new windshield
that way a couple of weeks ago.  That is a very nice bonus to restoring
a car...a crystal clear windshield.

The premium is about 20 bucks a year per car.

George