[Shotimes] Rear Calipers - Issues

krazgeo@comcast.net krazgeo@comcast.net
Wed, 01 Feb 2006 05:10:33 +0000

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 18:53:06 -0800, Alan Fanning wrote:
>There is one other possibility - a weak return spring on the power booster
>seems to evidence itself via dragging rear brakes, or at least it did on my
>'91.

Lowrider started doing that a year or so ago.  I never had any trouble with dragging brakes....rears are still original (one caliper got replaced during a pad replacement, due to tearing of the rubber seal between the piston and the body), with original brake fluid lines.  But what it did do was run the battery down, with the brake lights sticking on.  I found that out the hard way twice.  The standard dashboard spring fix solved the problem.

If the MC is losing its spring tension, the first indication will be the brake lights staying on while you walk away from the car.

George