[Shotimes] Front Right Clunk with lots of diagnosis

Eric Wieland ewieland@mchsi.com
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 07:52:18 -0600

My boss (fellow SHO fanatic) and I tore down the right side suspension this
weekend again and tried a few different "tests" and we could not reproduce
the clunk without the suspension loaded and moving.  We did not find
anything that jumped out at us as obviously wrong.  The strut assemble is
tight and assembled correctly.  We checked the subframe and it is not moving
so the movement I am feeling in the front right hub.

My question is it possible that the half shaft could have a bearing out or
somehow otherwise damaged that it could change its length and alter my
geometry.  The boots are all in good shape and it does not have any clicking
noises normally associated with a half shaft going bad.  I appreciate any
insight.

Eric

  _____