[Shotimes] Front Right Clunk with lots of diagnosis

Mike Wojton mwojton@gmail.com
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 12:11:13 -0500

I haven't been following this thread fully, so maybe this has been mentioned
already, or you've already checked it.  My car makes a slight clunk when
turning after slowing down.  I believe it to be my endlink to strut
connection not being tight enough.  I think it moves under the right
conditions and makes a noise.  It doesn't do it every time though.  I
believe that this is the problem because I had the same problem after the
first time I changed the struts, and after tightening the bolts the noise
went away.  The last time I swapped springs and had them apart, I probably
didn't tighten it/them enough.  I haven't done it yet because I need to go
buy a wrench to do it and I haven't gotten around to doing it yet. (read:
I'm too cheap)

Anyways, it might be worth a look.

--
Mike Wojton