[Shotimes] Drove the new Fusion

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:22:59 -0500

I found auto-x fun to do "for fun".

But, strange as it sounds, I compare it to competitive drag racing!!

If you want to get serious, you have to know the tricks to get things right,
with only one chance to do it....like in drag racing.

Both are excellent forms of competition. In my younger days, drag racing or
auto-x would have fit my style, but now, if I had $$$ and time to spend, I
would rather go for track events. You can make a mistake and plan to make up
the loss. Auto-x or drag racing......one mistake and you're toast.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Zach Leahy
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 4:16 PM
To: Dave Kegel
Cc: Shotimes@autox. team. net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Drove the new Fusion

Yeah, but what's running through the cone's head as your barrelling down on
it.  :)

Actuallyt I understand Auto-x, and it serves as a great start into
motorsports.  You don't need much of a car, and if you just wanna have the
thrill of being on a closed track it's cheap and more available than a track
day.  Now the thrill is over in 30 seconds, and that's why I got out.  it
can be a lot of fun as everyone is driving by reaction rather than a learned
line on a course.  The first time out it is hard to remember quite where
you're supposed to go!  Fun in some aspects, but I generally leave with a
headache from standing around in the sun all day w/o a roof (like the one on
my car) over my head.

But we've been through this a lot before... i don't wanna stir up an old
thread.

"ex-cone dodger"