[Shotimes] Drove the new Fusion

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 17:10:16 -0500

Well, not "everybody"!!!

After I had the first Vette (A '71 454, mercifully stolen!!), I said that I
would never get another. Then bought a new POS '85 that I dumped 7 mos
later.

I have probably posted this here before, but there are three "definites" in
life: Death, Taxes, and Ron Porter never owning a Harley!! I can probably
add a fourth definite", which would be t never own another Corvette!!

Ron Porter (with enough spare change, another 911 and a Viper would be in my
garage!!)

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of John Stout
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 4:50 PM
To: Ron Porter; 'Shotimes@autox. team. net'
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] Drove the new Fusion

I just like to be different, seems like everybody these days wants a Vette
or a Harley?? Actually if I had the $$ a CV from Kenny Brown is probably
what I would buy.

Ron Porter <ronporter@prodigy.net> wrote:  An RX7 or RX8 is an acquired
taste. Some folks, like me, have never had a
desire for them. Put better brakes on a used Z06 and you are good to go for
whatever kind of track events you want (auto-x, track, dragstrip).

FWIW, we tried out an RX8 for seating at the Detroit show a couple of years
ago. Our test was that Ryan Dudek (my height, with a few more #s), would sit
in the drivers seat and adjust the seat to his liking, and I would sit in
the back behind the driver. In the RX8, I could only get one leg in! it's
basically a 2-seat car for anyone bigger than Rick or Larry!!