[Shotimes] RE: HEATER CORE

Rich Bruso shoguy_89@cox.net
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 23:05:47 -0800

> Need suggestions on copper vs aluminum heater cores.

   I can't help you on the blend door issue, but if you use an aluminum heater core, GROUND IT.  I don't care if you duct tape a piece of ground strap to the inlet tube and attach it to the firewall.  Otherwise, expect a 30% chance of rain inside your car, and it'll be green and stinky.
   As for the copper/brass units, they're quite scarce (only used on pre-January '89 models, I believe) but have lasted quite a long time for me.  Maybe I'm lucky, but more likely it's the copper/brass being deposited to instead of being corroded away like aluminum.

-Rich Bruso
89 Black (Lola)
89 Silver (parts)
Sierra Vista, AZ