[Shotimes] AC Compressor/AC System question

ewieland@mchsi.com ewieland@mchsi.com
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 20:07:07 +0000

My AC compressor went out last night with the AC clutch making all kinds of
noise.  I understand that most compressors fail from either too much or too
little compressor oil or the system was not properly evacuated so I am trying
not to make this same mistake.

I would like to replace my AC compressor myself since I need to replace the
radiator anyway.  I replaced the dryer canister and dryer line this summer.
Can someone point me in a direction on how to properly evacuate my AC system
or can I just install the compressor with the correct amount of compressor
oil.  I believe 7-8 ounces is the correct amount of oil

Where have people had success finding a good replacement compressor?  I
believe the AC compressor part number is 10P15F.
Thanks,
Eric