[Shotimes] Daytona 500

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:00:31 -0600

Unless he did those spins on purpose, that would tend to disqualify
him!  Laps without spinning are always more encouraging.  Just having
survived bad driving is hardly grounds for qualifying for more driving
jobs!  :)

But I get your point,  Leno is a pretty good driver, and I would rather
have him as the "honorary" driver than about any other celeb.  But when
it comes to driving in the race, it is a whole other thing.  From my
time as a pace car driver for vintage races at Indy, I know that the
pace lap is fun, laps when cars are wrecked and leaking and safety
workers and ambulances are on the track and you have a pack of drivers
that can barely control their instincts are entirely different.   I got
to do both and the later scenario is tension filled, even at a vintage race.

Don Mallinson