[Shotimes] Daytona 500

Dave Kegel d.kegel@comcast.net
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:37:19 -0600

Are you saying Leno's great driving skill is what allowed him to spin
and not hit anything?  Puhleeze!  It's called luck.

I'm not saying he's not a good driver.  Obviously he his.  But your
analogy that he's a great driver because he couldn't keep the car facing
forward seems a little off.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Ron Porter
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 12:14 PM
To: 'Shotimes'
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] Daytona 500

His record speed was an average of 169, IIRC, with top speeds around
190+

Yeah, and how may of us would screw up in a mid-engine car like a
Carrera GT and (1) not crash, and (2) still be alive?? How about ZERO!

If I had the skill to try for a record like that, a mid-engine car would
be my last choice. I would prefer a rear-engine car like a 911 before I
would try it in a car like the Carrera GT or Ford GT.

Ron Porter