[Shotimes] Daytona 500

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:36:40 -0600

Leno is a pretty good driver, but so are several of the people on this
list.  Many are licensed for SCCA or pro racing.  At least one has gone
way fast.  Not sure if Leno is licensed, but I would say that there has
to be more than ONE person on this list that might have survived in the
same situation.  I would say Leno was more lucky than skilled to make it
out of that one.  When you spin like that, the driver has very little to
do with the outcome.

Bob Peterson at the first Atlanta convention still gets my vote for best
driver in an accident that didn't happen but should have.  Remember him
coming out of turn four and the RF tire blows?  He may not have been
going 160, but I think he was probably near 130.  He kept it off the
wall, the TV babe riding with him lost her lunch later, and I gave him
the keys to my car to drive when he came down pit lane asking who was
next!   Yea, he can drive my car any day.

Don Mallinsoni