[Shotimes] Oil Cooler Size

Paul Nimz pnimz@v8sho.com
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 18:59:45 -0600

Two things to think about.  The oil filter threaded mount is 3/4" and the
sandwich adaptors used to bypass the OEM filter mount have 3/8" openings
usually.  I bought a sandwich adaptor with the 3/8" female NPT fittings, some
3/8" female NPT by 1/2" brass hose barbs and then drilled the hose barbs out
to near 1/2".

Paul

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Zach Leahy
  To: Jim & Debbie Leyden
  Cc: shotimes@autox.team.net ; TechSHO@topica.com
  Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 10:24 AM
  Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Oil Cooler Size

  Jim, I have a small air/oil cooler on the 93. It sits behind the blue oval
  in front.  I run 1/2 NPT fittings and hoses for the whole thing.  I also
  run a remote filter in the passenger fender.  My loop runs from the engine
  to the filter through the cooler nad back to the engine from a filter
  adapter.  It has worked well and has not casued any change in oil pressure.
  It has lowered oil temperatures enough to notice.  SHO oil temps will
easily
  top 250 degrees on the track even with the OEM water/oil cooler   BTW, with
  this setup it has a capacity of about 7 quarts now.

  On 2/18/06, Jim & Debbie Leyden <jndleyden@comcast.net> wrote:

  > Anyone care to take a stab at what size hoses I would need to supply an
  > external oil cooler?  I can get a brand new Mocal Cooler locally for
  > peanuts
  > but it is only = pipe fittings.  IIRC the passages inside the block are
  > smaller than that but I cant remember.
  >

  > Jim
  >

  > --
2/17/2006