[Shotimes] Low RPM Stumble under acceleration

Dave Kegel d.kegel@comcast.net
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 20:51:34 -0600

My guess would be plugs and wires, but I have no idea how old yours are.
Check for oil in the plug wells.

Dave Kegel

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of M Khan
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 4:58 PM
To: shotimes
Subject: [Shotimes] Low RPM Stumble under acceleration

Well, my 95 MTX is acting up a little bit.

Symptoms are stumbling under acceleration limited only
to between 1K and 2500 rpm.  Never any problems after
that and it has a perfect idle.  Seems not to happen
at lighter throttle, more of a fuller throttle
problem.  Most always stumbles on inclines, like
on-ramps.

Probably related to this, is that its hard
starting/long cranking except on full cold start like
the first one of the day.  I have changed the CID last
week and no difference.

I'm thinking that its my fuel pump getting weak and
the operation of the check valve failing.

I would appreciate it if anyone on the list could
chime in with their thoughts to maybe help me out for
a proper diagnosis.

Thanks,

Mike
95 MTX