[Shotimes] Stolen SHO

bjshov8 bjshov8@comcast.net
Thu, 1 Jun 2006 23:30:28 -0500

About 1985 I had been trying to buy a new car and trade in my old car.  I
wasn't finding any deals that I liked so still had the old car.  I drove to
a meeting for work and when I came out, couldn't find my car, and I knew
exactly where I had parked it.  I reported it stolen to the police and to my
insurance company.  The insurance company told me they would write a check
after one month.  I went ahead and bought the new car that I wanted, not
having to deal with a tradein anymore.  Three weeks later the police called
me and told me that they had my car in their impound lot.  I picked it up,
cleaned it up, replaced the damaged ignition lock, put an ad in the paper
and sold it.  The price that I paid to buy the new car outright was not much
higher than the best deal I had found for the new car plus tradein, then I
got a good price for the old car when I sold it, so I came out quite a bit
ahead.