[Shotimes] Checking out 92 SHO

van Oss van Oss" <vanOss@centurytel.net
Sat, 3 Jun 2006 10:54:03 -0500

Maury,

Welcome to the SHO community.  Please help us advise you by letting us get
to know you a bit.  Where are you located?  How experienced and comfortable
are you with working on your own car?  Do you plan to rely on this car for
daily commuting, or is it a plaything whose uptime is less critical?

MTX SHOs are supposed to get a major package of services at 60,000 and
120,000 miles.  This includes plugs and wires, water pump, crank sensor,
timing belt, etc.  It's doable at home but only if you're comfortable and
equipped and can take the time.  If you need this car to quickly become a
reliable commuter, you might consider taking it into a professional shop.
There are several excellent shops around the country that specialize in
SHOs.  Many offer a 60K package of services for around $850 to $1K.  While
you're their, I'm sure they'd look the car over and point out any other
needs.

So please tell us a little more about what you can give to the car and what
you expect from it, and then we can give you more specific advice.  Again,
welcome.

VO

----- Original Message -----
From: "Maury Alston" <freeze_0387@yahoo.com>
To: <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, June 03, 2006 10:38 AM
Subject: [Shotimes] Checking out 92 SHO

I am taking possession of a 92 MTX SHO on the 15th of this month.  It has
112,000 miles on it.  What would be some recommendations on what to have
checked first? I don't have any of the maintainence records.

Maury

"Life's battles are not always won by the stronger or faster man, but soon
or late, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can!"
http://mail.yahoo.com