[Shotimes] (OT) steering rack and hoses

krazgeo@comcast.net krazgeo@comcast.net
Sat, 03 Jun 2006 19:40:13 +0000

From: "van Oss" <vanOss@centurytel.net>
> I'm replacing the rack on our '83 Mustang.  Forgot to note which hose went
> into each port on the rack.  Is there any special way of identifying which
> hole in the rack is for the pressure line, and which is the return line?

Offhand, I'd suspect the fitting sizes are different, to prevent assembly line confusion.  I had the rack replaced on Slorider, but it was done at a Goodyear store.

Back in 2000 when the Wilwood brakes first went on Lowrider, I discovered (the hard way) that the line fittings are different on left vs. right sides of the car.  If I had been aware that they were, it would have been a snap...as it was, I tried to convert the left side fittings to right side types, thinking the difference was the Wilwood parts.

Duhhhh!!  ;-)

George