[Shotimes] gas cards

van Oss van Oss" <vanOss@centurytel.net
Mon, 5 Jun 2006 15:56:16 -0500

I'm thinking ahead about gasoline for the convention.

Around our home, the Kwik Trip chain serves MN, IA, and WI.  They are well
regarded in part because they offer a fundraising opportunity to charitable
groups and churches.  Basically, gift cards are bought at 97% of face value,
then sold at face value.  The nonprofs keep the difference.

Our trip to/from the convention will take us through Illinois, Missouri,
Arkansas, and Tennessee.  Those of you living in those states:  Does your
congregation, parish, or synagogue sell "scrip"?  Is there a regional chain
that offers a similar charitable program to what I have described?

What I'm hoping for here is that someone will identify a brand or chain
serving IL/MO/AR/TN, and assist me with purchasing gas cards in a way that
will benefit a worthy congregation or group.  I figure I gotta pay for gas
anyway, might as well do some good if possible.

TIA for any help or advice.

VO