[Shotimes] Ignition Lock Cylinder wont let key turn 97 SHO

Frank ''SHOrage'' Costa shorage@gmail.com
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 01:24:36 -0400

OK guys,

My brother has a problem with his car. The key wont turn in the ignition and
this prevents me from removing the lock cylinder as it needs to be in the
run position for me to remove it......Is their any way to remove this god
forsaken thing?

My brother might be selling his beloved 97 because of this frustrating
problem. I tried to yank the wheel in both directions but this did not work.

The key just doesnt turn in the ignition. This all stemmed from someone
trying to steal his car. They drilled the ignition and messed up the
original lock cylinder. My brother was able to get it out but he had to
drill it out and it took forever.

He now has a new Borg Warner lock cylinder he got from autozone and now all
of a sudden it stays locked. We still have an issure of getting the car
started but i beleive thats because of the PATS situation these cars have.
Nontheless....the new cylinder is locked in there and the key doesnt
turn.... WE didnt want to drill out this new one as it cost 80dollars for
that godforsaken part. It is so frustrating to me and its not even my car...

Someone please tell me their is a way to remove this thing without damaging
it.......again the key does not turn in the column....

Thanks In Advance.....Anyone want a 97 SHO in silver for cheap? Just needs a
lock cylinder....hahah

Frank
89SHO