[Shotimes] Starter Question(s)

Alan Fanning Awfanning@earthlink.net
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 19:10:16 -0700

Oddly enough, the number of teeth on the starter is not as critical as it
might seem. They'll all work, as the centerline of the starter gear is
adjusted to provide proper engagement at the gear. There is only one
flywheel ring gear, right?

That said, getting the starter you have rebuilt is a good idea if it's
problems are not terminal. It's gear is, by now, well mated to the flywheel.

    Alan