[Shotimes] '91 accelerationproblems

Shane Kenner skenner@gmail.com
Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:54:51 -0400

Hello everyone. Im having some very annoying problems with my recently
acquired (Sept. of last year) '91 plus with 103k miles. This is my sixth sho
and 4th gen1, I have had every imaginable problem condition or ailment over
the past 12 years EXCEPT THESE and I simply cant figure this one out. Since
I got the car, I have done the 60k (with new wires/plugs), added Flowmaster
mufflers, and many other things with the suspension, and even though the car
runs/idles normal, it is simply lacking significantly in acceleration.
Occasionally, the car does accelerate normally, although only about 10% of
the time. It is very inconsistent. There is no bucking, or hesitation, its
just slow most of the time. Probably not related, but occuring at the same
time is during more agressive accelarating the car seems to have a
vibration/light shaking- ONLY on accelerating. It is not terribly
significant, but it annoys me. Is this possibly a result of bad engine
mounts? THANKS! for any advice. I figured the plugs/wires would fix this and
it didnt- I cant think of anything else to fix to get my acceleration back.
OH, also, I have had "crank cancer" before- I dont think this is it- it
doesnt run like my car did with crank cancer- it starts normall and runs
normally- I remember those two things getting gradually worse with my old
'91 with crank cancer. Also, the acceleration problem did not occur right
after the 60k but some months after.

shane
'91+
'99