[Shotimes] OT 3 cent door fix

Jason Hartberger jhartberger@mail.com
Tue, 20 Jun 2006 17:42:37 -0400

Do you have a door that just doesn't fit right in its frame any more
because the foundation is settling? I discovered a way to fix it
basically for free... CDs. Yeah, it's pretty easy. You take the hinge
plate off on the door side (or frame side, doesn't matter) on the end of
the door that's rubbing. Take a regular old CD-R and cut it to match the
hinge plate. It's thin, easily cuttable, and doesn't compress. I've
fixed every door I had problems with this way. Just thought you'd like
to know. Sometimes it takes both halves of the CD but that's the beauty
of shims.

Jason