[Shotimes] Re: Laser Speed Monitoring

bjshov8 bjshov8@comcast.net
Fri, 23 Jun 2006 20:48:33 -0500

Some jurisdictions have "deferred adjudication" (don't know if I spelled it
right or no).  I'm not a lawyer but the way I understand this is that the
court holds the original complaint for a probationary period, and you pay
court costs instead of a fine.  If you do not get convicted of a second
infraction within the probationary period then the court dismisses the
original complaint.  If you get caught a second time, then the court sticks
you with both infractions.  Of course the court does not have to share the
court costs with the state.