[Shotimes] OT: HID's and Headlight Relays?

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Sun, 25 Jun 2006 10:07:00 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, you should use relays. The  ballasts can draw as
much as 40a each upon startup. You don't want all of
that going through your headlight switch.

A decent headlight harness such as the one from
www.suvlights.com should work fine.

As far as beam pattern and output, the SHO headlight
isn't setup optimally for retrofitted HID capsules.

Ian