[Shotimes] OT: HID's and Headlight Relays?

FlamingTaco FlamingTaco <flamingtaco@earthlink.net>
Sun, 25 Jun 2006 13:11:17 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

I was referring to the mechanical hand-operated switch in the cabin, not a significantly faster switching relay. If you've ever looked at the voltage supplied by a hand-operated switch while it's being turned, voltage jumps around significantly due to corrosion on the contacts and the (electronically speaking) incredible amount of time it takes to fuly engage the switch. The erratic voltage might not be good for the HID modules. I'm not positive, but when I was looking at the new HID tech back in the day, I think I remember Sylvania or someone specifying quick-switching relays to provide the input power. Been a long time, though, and things change.

David