[Shotimes] Valve cover bolt washers

FlamingTaco FlamingTaco <flamingtaco@earthlink.net>
Tue, 27 Jun 2006 06:22:47 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Hold the phone... you stated "o-ring", but also "16mmOD x 11mmID" - this would be a washer, correct? Using washers rather than o-rings is what I am aiming for.

Speaking of, anyone know their rubber? I queried a rubber mfg and was told to use nitrile rubber for automotive applications (swithstands most petroleum products), but I was turned off by the max operating temperature of 120F. Wouldn't silicone rubber be the best (500F) and stand up ok to engine oil?

David