[Shotimes] help with codes, please!

clubairth@bellsouth.net clubairth@bellsouth.net
Mon, 1 May 2006 18:11:11 -0500

Robert:
 Unplug the MAF and see if anything changes. Might just be the MAF
connector. Ford had a recall for some of these connectors. Build internal
corrosion and cause high resistance. New ones are available from Ford.
Vacuum leaks can cause a super lean condition. Check the vacuum hoses
carefully. It's a very old and high mileage car. The rubber will be very
hard and brittle.
 I think your cylinder balance test is off because of the other problems.
Finally check the fuel pressure. Is the pump loud?
.
.