FW: [Shotimes] help with codes, please!

Robert Bruce rbruce@bellatlantic.net
Mon, 01 May 2006 20:14:49 -0400

I already replaced the vacuum hoses.  The MAF connector feels nice and firm.

For some reason, I really have a feeling that it's the cats.  Just a gut feeling from the way the car acts.  It idles nice and even.
Once warmed up, throttle acts normally while not in gear, but any load (reverse or forward gears) makes it act like the timing is
way off (lots of stumbling, sputtering and lack of power).

I could really use a second set of eyes looking at this one.

Bob Bruce
92 w/ a mod or two
95 mtx 100% bone stock

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of clubairth@bellsouth.net
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 7:11 PM
To: Robert Bruce; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] help with codes, please!

Robert:
 Unplug the MAF and see if anything changes. Might just be the MAF
connector. Ford had a recall for some of these connectors. Build internal
corrosion and cause high resistance. New ones are available from Ford.
Vacuum leaks can cause a super lean condition. Check the vacuum hoses
carefully. It's a very old and high mileage car. The rubber will be very
hard and brittle.
 I think your cylinder balance test is off because of the other problems.
Finally check the fuel pressure. Is the pump loud?
.
.