[Shotimes] 205 or 225?

bjshov8 bjshov8@comcast.net
Mon, 1 May 2006 21:02:20 -0500

I've always wondered about tire width vs. rim width.  In the days before
radials you wanted a min. rim width almost as wide as the tread, but I think
this is a bit less critical with radials.  If you buy into the argument
about rim width affecting performance, then you might be as well off with
205's.

I'm driving a gen3 now and I think its stock wheels are wider than slicers.
I had AVS db s2's on it, and replaced them with Fuzion ZRi's.  I noticed
that the Fuzions are much more responsive in turn-in so they must have
stiffer sidewalls.  I don't notice much difference in ride though.