[Shotimes] help with codes, please!

bjshov8 bjshov8@comcast.net
Mon, 1 May 2006 21:20:26 -0500

It is easy to check for crank cancer.  My engine was loose enough that I
could turn it by hand using one of the belts.  Loosen the timing cover
enough that you can see part of the timing belt, then turn the engine a
small amount back and forth using the accessory drive belt.  If the timing
belt doesn't move in perfect synchronization with the drive belt, then you
have a problem.  One tiny bit of hesitation on the part of the timing belt
means you have a loose crank gear.