[Shotimes] 8" sub?

Rich Bruso shoguy_89@cox.net
Wed, 3 May 2006 20:20:11 +0000

What you'd really need to know would be the speaker's Thiele-Small parameters (Fs, Vas, F3, etc.)  From there, you can use a calculator like
http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=26
to determine if the box is too small (which I think it might be).  Of course, this calculator is for sealed boxes, so you'd have to find another if the enclosure is ported.

I have a pair of 8" subs that a friend is currently cutting boxes for to tuck under the factory locations, and the boxes are a bit smaller than optimal, but I wanted to keep them from intruding too far.

--
-Rich Bruso
89 Black (Lola)