[Shotimes] Finally Fixed! Click when appling brakes

clubairth@bellsouth.net clubairth@bellsouth.net
Thu, 4 May 2006 08:45:49 -0500

 I had posted several times over the years about a click when pressing the
brakes. My wife's SHO has done this for about 80K miles but my nearly
identical SHO has never made this click sound. I changed the master cylinder
twice. Even changed the power brake booster because of the Helm manual
troubleshooting procedures. But I FINALLY found this noise. It was the
cruise control disconnect switch underneath the master cylinder. Yes the one
Ford has recalled because of brake fluid fires. The cruise control started
acting funny, working and not working and the problem was always a bit of
resistance in this circuit. Well it finally just quit working completely.
Bypassed the switch and everything worked. So go get a new switch and BINGO,
the click is gone. I can now take a small rod and make the old switch click
very loudly on the bench.
.
.
.
Just in time to sell the car! Oh well it needed fixing anyway!