[Shotimes] Well, I'm impressed

Chris Riedl zap@columbus.rr.com
Fri, 5 May 2006 12:22:17 -0400

On May 5, 2006, at 11:13 AM, Jason Hartberger wrote:

> I would think it would make good economic sense for an insurance
> company to own a major glass-repair company. You're not losing
> money if you're paying yourself :).

	And it does (to them), because they can substitute whatever parts
they want without question, since unless the customer speaks up, it
doesn't matter.  I had the same problem with an insurance recommended
shop from American Family.  When my Sable was damaged, that shop just
wanted to total it because "we have better cars to fix that net us
more money, sorry".  I took it to a guy who did work on his own, he
did a better job than they would have done, and I had leftover money
to fix a few other things!  I just find that the in the bed together
scenario ends up leaving the unsuspecting customers being the ones on
the short end of the stick.

-Chris