[Shotimes] Any opinions on Toyo Tires?

Ron Porter ronporter@ameritech.net
Sun, 7 May 2006 18:47:46 -0400

George,

Why do you even consider an all-season tire??

You would get far better performance from a summer tire (or
"three-season-tire, which is probably a more accurate term) which will also
have better performance in the wet.

The harder all-season compound also diminishes wet performance, even though
they have bigger grooves through the tread.

BTW, I had never heard of the UHP. FWIW, the "other list" folks (Toyos are
bigger with the import folks) like the T1R & S (summer tires), were OK on
the Proxes 4(all/season), were so-so on the FZ4 (all/season). There is an
800 Ultra, but it's T-rated with a 700 treadware (no!!!!).

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of George Fourchy
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 1:53 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Any opinions on Toyo Tires?

Hey All..

Since I'm not getting the BMW, I'm back to the original plan to put better
tires on
the GS.  I'm looking at Toyo Proxes 4 UHP All Season tires, in size
get an extra inch of diameter for slower revs at speed.  That's my only real
complaint with this car...the engine goes too fast at cruise.

Anyway, does anyone have an opinion on them?  They're not sold by Tire Rack.

Thanks,

George