[Shotimes] Repairing Brake Lines (Discontinued Part)

Chris Riedl zap@columbus.rr.com
Wed, 10 May 2006 15:37:53 -0400

	We've been working on the '91 for the last few days trying to figure
out what to do with it.  The problem is a blown brake line, which is
part of the mess that attaches between the ABS, Master Cylinder, and
the rest of the car.  It runs from the ABS up to the MC area, and
appears to have lines inside some sort of distribution block.  There
appear to be no aftermarket sources, and the dealer says it is
discontinued.  Can these lines be replaced with standard line, or is
the block essential for some functionality?  Any assistance would be
greatly appreciated, as the car has been down for the better part of
the week and I've been chasing around junkyards to see if I can find
a good set of lines.  To clarify, this is part of the assembly of 8
or so brake lines that leads back and forth to the ABS pump.  I find
it hard to believe that there is no source for this, especially since
it is part of all Tauri and Sables with ABS.

Thanks,
Chris