[Shotimes] FW: Un-Official Convention News

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Fri, 12 May 2006 09:24:36 -0500

Please note that the ONLY event in danger of being canceled is the
Wednesday "RACE ON" opportunity where you get to drive or ride in a real
NASCAR type stocker on a high bank oval.  The oval is 3/4 mile, so top
speeds are not going to be 200 mph, but you can AVERAGE over 100mph if
you are good enough!    BTW, the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series O'Reilly
200 is going to be July 15 at the same track!  So come in early and
watch the Craftsman truck race!

We negotiated a very good discount for this event, but need a minimum
for them to open up the facility and bring in their staff.  They are not
normally open on weekdays.

I watched them do this on a weekend during our recon of the track and
city.  It looks like a blast.  Read about it here:

http://www.4raceon.com

Again, ONLY this event is in danger,  the convention is going forward
with all our usual events, driving, SHOw, auction for charity, Drags and
we added an Autocross that you can do for the same price as the drags,
both for one price at the same time.  We are visiting Graceland as a
group, and have a neat THREE STATE drive you can take on your own if you
come in early or stay late.  Also note that we are back to our normal
schedule that is different than the mailing most of you got some months
ago.  The reason we had to change around has gone away and our schedule
is the same as previous years.  All the info on the web site is correct:

http://www.shoclub.com/SHOconventions/15/conv15.html

Also Race-on is at the same time as the road course event.  You CAN do
both.  YOu will probably miss at least one track session when you drive
the short distance, in the same MMP facility, to Race-On, but you can
make that up in another run group if you wish before or after you go.
Just tell the hot pit lane person you are making up a session due to
Race On.

The hotel still has rooms, but we will need to release them soon, so if
you even think you are going, make your reservations at the host hotel.
You can cancel them up to the day before if necessary.

Get your registrations in ASAP especially if you are doing Race On.  We
need more reservations to insure that this event goes on as planned.  If
not, all money will be refunded for that event.

Thanks!

Don Mallinson
Ken Mallinson
SHO Convention committee