[Shotimes] Re: Eyes On Design 2006 - Honoring Ford Chief Designer Jack Telnack who inspired the Taurus and Taurus SHO

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Fri, 12 May 2006 11:19:51 -0500

EVeryone,

I got contacted about having some SHO's at this event.

I don't know who this Kerry Diehl is, but I would guess he
has something to do with eyes on design organization.
Usually Autoweek magazine is heavily involved.

Any SHO folks wish to attend and represent the SHO Community?

Kerry tells me that the Friday dinner is about $20+ bucks
and we could attend, it is open to the public I guess.

The big deal is the Sunday car show.  I am asking Kerry to
see if we can't get an SHO to represent the line in the main
show.  I think this is probably highly unlikely, but is
there a VERY nice stock SHO in the upper midwest that might
like to attend, probably a Gen I or Gen II since that is
mostly when Jack was in power at Ford.

Kerry says he can arrange a special parking area for SHO's
ACROSS from the main parking lot on Sunday, and as usual, we
are kind of an afterthought, not even allowed on the main
spectator parking area.  That is why I asked to have a car
in the show itself.  If they can't do that, then I am not
real anxious to support it in other ways, but if anyone
wants to go, it is a very good car show anyway.

Don Mallinson